Monday, June 1, 2009

A Weekend in Oxford




The kids and I took an impromtu trip to Oxford this weekend to visit Aunt Lisa, Uncle Brad and Kellyn while Daddy looked for a new car. He has to turn in that awful Grand Prix that I have unabashedly complained about for the last 4 years. (NOT a great car while raising 2 babies).


So off we went to swim and go to the State Fair Grounds for a fun Saturday afternoon.




It was the first time that the 3 of us, E & E and I slept in the same bed. Emme is quite the topsy turvy sleeper. I awoke many times with her foot in my face and other times with her sleeping half way off the bed. But being able to spend good quality time with them, away from home, without thinking I should be doing one of a million things was awesome!




Lisa works for the Masonic Home for Children (Orphanage) in Oxford. It is quite humbling every time I go there; to hear the children's stories, where they come from and see how they live. The "campus" is beautiful, bought by the masons after the civil war. Right now, they have a baby (5 months old) on campus, who is absolutely adorable! There are approximatley 70 children who live on campus .

No comments: