Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Destination DC


Aunt Jana & Joshy

"Bestest" Cousins


Uncle Mark & Abbey



Abigail Mae




I wrote this a few weeks ago! Then the internet failed! We went in April!

Ethan and I took our first Mommy/son roadtrip to DC to meet our new neice/cousin ABBEY! and of course to see Josh and Aunt Jana/uncle Mark too! We spent the night in Oxford, NC with Aunt Lisa/Uncle Brad and Kellyn to help break up the trip! Ethan did wonderfully! He did ask me a few times "are we there yet" but with the help of Scooby Doo we made it there by early Friday morning! Abbey is a sweetheart and Ethan and Josh got started right away on the Legos we brought for Josh's b-day!

On Saturday, Jana and I slipped away to go to WEGMAN's..... IF you are from Buffalo, you know what I am talking about! I was a kid in the candy store! WOW! Bison Dip, Weber's mustard, wegman's turkey sausage patties, kimmelwyck rolls....I spent my weekly food budget! Good thing I brought 2 empty coolers with me!

Then we rode the METRO to the Federal Triad stop and took both boys to the Air and Space muesum. I am a closet history lover so going to the Smithsonian was a dream! The boys loved it! Ethan was in airplane heaven!

Before we knew it the weekend was over! We made it back the whole 7 hours without any problems! The view on the way back between Virginia and NC was beautiful!






No comments: